- OnePlus 3 launch: Here’s how you can get one on June 15 via an auction
OnePlus 3 launch: Here’s how you can get one on June 15 via an auction
OnePlus, the Chinese technology startup has announced its next flagship, OnePlus 3 will go on auction even before it hits the market. OnePlus 3 is set to launch in India on June 15 exclusively on Amazon India.
OnePlus has partnered with Droom, for this particular auction process. OnePlus 3 auction ahead of launch is a first-of-its-kind smartphone auction. OnePlus is giving away just five OnePlus 3 devices ahead of launch. OnePlus says entire proceeds from the auction will go to the charity chosen by the OnePlus community.
“We are excited by the response from the OnePlus community to our latest flagship. Through this unique smartphone auction, we want to offer our loyal fans an opportunity to get their hands on the first few OnePlus 3 smartphones in the country, even before it goes on sale while also contributing to the society,” said Vikas Agarwal, General Manager, OnePlus India.
The auction goes live from June 9 at 4 PM and will be held till June 12 and the top five highest bidders will get the device along with a surprise element attached to the phone.
Following is a step-by-step guide for fans wishing to participate at the auction:
1. Bidders need to head over to the Droom website to participate in the auction
2. Registration is mandatory for eligibility as bidders will need to login to the portal
3. Bidding will commence from Rupee 1, with no cap on the final amount for bids
4. Every bid increases the price of the OnePlus 3 smartphone by Rupees 5
5. Auction goes live from June 9th, 4 PM to June 12th, 3:59:59 PM
6. A live leaderboard on the product page will be provided to showcase the top 10 bids in real time
7. The top 5 bidders will be sent a link to purchase the phones they bid for, immediately after the auction closes
8. The phones will be delivered after the global launch scheduled on June 14th
Recaping the specifications, OnePlus 3 will reportedly feature a 5.5-inch Full HD display and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor. The smartphone will come with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage.
OnePlus is reported to drop the Sandstone back in favour of metal unibody design. OnePlus 3 launch is scheduled for June 15 at 12.30 PM in India. The device will have a global VR launch on June 14 at 10 PM IST.
Tags : india, LAUNCH, ONE PLUS 3